Friday, February 02, 2007

Left Overs - Part 1

I have created a monster! It is called "maudieblog". What started as an easy way of keeping friends, family and clients current with new photography has become a site over 10,000 different people visited (not repeat) in 2006. We now get email from all over the place, from people we have never met, commenting on photos from the BLOG . The problem now though is that if I go more than a week without posting I start to hear about it. It is usually friends reminding me I haven't posted for a while, but sometimes its complete strangers, more or less suggesting that I should update the BLOG. I love it.

So here is the dilemma. All I am photographing right now is skiing. I would love to put a bunch of skiing photos up, but very few people want to see skiing photos, they want portraits and wedding photography (maybe we need another BLOG). So the question is, how do I feed this monster? The answer - left overs!

Here is what I plan on doing this month. I am going to go through all of the 2006 weddings and find my favourite photo from each wedding that isn't on the BLOG. It will be like the deleted scenes on a DVD. I am going to follow a chronological order. I'll try and post a few each week. Here are the first 5 weddings.

Catherine and Aaron


Sarah and John


Sandi and Rob


Pam and Brice


Nancy and Jason

2 comments:

Jasen said...

Just for the record Alan, I'd love to see some of your skiing photos too. You know, twist our collective arms if you have to - a little bit of diversity wouldn't hurt us too much. ;)

Duane Clemens said...

Alan,

I'm just getting started in professional photography and I really admire your work. I really like how you try to capture the essence of your subjects and put an artistic twist on portrait photography (which can sometimes get dry and boring if it's the same thing over and over). That said, I'd love to see some of your other shots on the blog as well such as your skiing or back-country work!

Duane